Be part of an organization making a difference in McLean County.
The Chamber is dedicated to serving our members by connecting commerce and community. Our Rockstar team works hard to provide relevant, innovative, and vital content to our member businesses and organizations in order for them to succeed and grow. Each staff member not only lives into the Chamber’s mission, but exudes our four core values:
Member centric, community minded.
Intentional connections through exceptional experiences.
Contagious energy with a positive attitude.
Think it, plan it, get it done.
Life at the Chamber is fast paced, dynamic, and no two days are ever the same. We would love to talk to you! Browse the open positions below or contact Charlie Moore for more information on life at the Chamber.
Positions will remain open until filled.
Reports to: Chamber President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
This role serves as the lead for all featured events and networking programs of the McLean County Chamber of Commerce; oversees program committees and volunteers associated with featured events; and manages sponsorship renewals for featured events and programs. Responsibilities include event administration, planning, creation, coordination, and implementation/ execution. Additionally, assists with marketing, communications, and budget oversight that are critical to ensure event success through membership participation, sponsors satisfaction, and achieving financial goals.
- Plan, coordinate, administer, and review all featured events and networking programs, as well as other assigned events. Current Featured Events and Networking Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Annual Business of Excellence Awards Gala
- STROKER Golf Outing
- Twin Cities Showcase
- Membership Appreciation Cook-Out
- Agriculture Awareness Breakfast
- Agriculture Award Dinner
- Leaders of Distinction Awards Ceremony (Athena and 20 Under 40)
- State of Events (McLean County, State, Bloomington-Normal, and Congress)
- Networking Programs:
- Business Before Hours
- Business After Hours
- Power Hour Lunches
- Produce event plans, timelines, and budgets for all featured events and networking programs, as well as other assigned events
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with all local event venues and vendors
- Manage the Request For Proposal (RFP) process when soliciting new venue locations, as necessary
- Use and understanding Chamber Master, the Chamber’s database management platform, for event registration and data collection related to each event/program and finances
- Maintain event binders for contracts, Banquet Event Orders (BEO), RFP’s, and other related event correspondence which will be utilized in the subsequent years event planning and budget creation
- Ensure post event participation surveys have been created, sent, collected, reviewed and results shared in a timely manner with the committee, staff, and the Board of Directors
- Develop, retain, and pro-actively recruit event committee leadership and volunteers by maintaining and sharing an up-to-date volunteer job description for event related committees
- Manage all aspect of the event committees including communication, meetings set-up, meeting agendas, meeting minutes and other correspondence
- Work directly with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop a marketing plan for all feature events and program, as well as other assigned events. Assist with coordination of all event marketing efforts
- Work directly with the Education and Talent Retention Manager related to Ag Awareness Breakfast and Ag Awards Dinner overseen by the Agri-Business Council
- Review and/or develop appropriate event sponsorship packages and bundles
- Establish relationships with event sponsors for annual sponsorship investment renewal though member visits, communications and event thank you correspondence
- Develop a sponsorship solicitation plan with the Membership Services Manager for new event sponsors as needed/budgeted
- Assist other team members with event/program logistics as necessary
- Oversee Event Committee Volunteers
- Oversee Event Volunteers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 4 years of equivalent related experience
- Experience with large and small scale event coordination and execution
- Experience with event volunteer management and oversight
- Experience with negotiation and budgeting
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Proficient in networking and customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative
- Proficient with time management and juggling multiple competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Exhibit sound judgment and display willingness to make decisions
- Possess unquestioned integrity and ethical standard
- Display contagious energy with a positive attitude
- Follow and exude the McLean County Chamber of Commerce Core Values
- Understand and abide by the Chamber’s Policy Manual and Standard Operating Procedures
- Professional/business dress is required to represent the Chamber to its members and community members in a professional manner
- Maintain a neat and orderly workspace and common office areas
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Chamber programs, committees, and services
- Understand the value of membership/investment and can clearly articulate it
- Assist with membership recruitment, engagement, and retention (as a Chamber employee)
- Attend and assist at assigned Chamber events as needed and effectively network to encourage member conversations and retention
- Participate actively in staff meetings, planning sessions and retreats
- Participate actively in teambuilding events, offsite visits, civic engagement, and staff socials
- Possess excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and interpersonal
- Understand and utilize the Chamber’s style guide for all oral and written internal and external communication
- Review regularly Chamber social media and sponsored websites for updates and accuracy
- Follow the Chamber actively on social media
- Maintain a current Linked In Account to be used on the “staff” page of the website
- Communicate consistently and exchange information with team members, effectively and with correct information
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time and be able to move about inside the office to access office equipment/storage
- Operate a computer/PC and other office productivity equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, printers and must have the ability to use hands to handle, control or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Able to lift to 10 pounds and occasionally move objects up to 40 pounds
- Occasionally climb stairs, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach above shoulders to access materials and/or documentation
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to compare and distinguish accounting and administrative data
- Hearing ability to perceive the nature of sounds at a normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a typical interior/office work environment
- This position involves extended work hours including early morning and evening meetings / events
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires day travel within Bloomington/Normal and McLean County. May require travel which could include overnight stays. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation.