Be part of an organization making a difference in McLean County.
The Chamber is dedicated to serving our members by connecting commerce and community. Our Rockstar team works hard to provide relevant, innovative, and vital content to our member businesses and organizations in order for them to succeed and grow. Each staff member not only lives into the Chamber’s mission, but exudes our four core values:
Member centric, community minded.
Intentional connections through exceptional experiences.
Contagious energy with a positive attitude.
Think it, plan it, get it done.
Life at the Chamber is fast paced, dynamic, and no two days are ever the same. If you are passionate about serving the business community, collaborating to lead change, and fostering commerce in McLean County, we'd love to chat!
Job Title: Manager, Finance and Operations
Reports to: President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the management of the Chamber’s day to day financial activities and all if it’s subsidiaries and divisions to ensure that all financial records are maintained in accordance with the advice and direction of the organization’s auditors, finance committee and the CEO. Also responsible for overall office management and HR functions for the organization.
- Manages all accounting activities for the Chamber and its subsidiaries and divisions including but not limited to:
- Monthly Financial Statement Preparation
- Audit Preparation
- Budget Development and Control
- Manages processes for payables and receivables
- AP/AR, invoices, payables, collections
- Manages the Finance Committee and Board reporting
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of Sage, payment processors and software
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of Chamber Master
- Ensures all processes and procedures are in line with the Chamber’s financial policies
- Oversees all new Chamber Master accounts to ensure financial accuracy
- Oversees sales/retention process
- Manages the organization’s governing documents by reviewing annually
- Manages the technology plan with the Chamber’s IT provider
- Manages all Chamber leases, meeting room rentals
- Ensures the office equipment is in working order
- Serves as backup to reception
EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System):
- Manages Traction scorecard metrics
- Responsible for quarterly rock (goal) tracking and reporting
- Manages, payroll, personnel files, and overall office administration
- Manages employee benefits
- Manages new employee onboarding
- Manages internal staff trainings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or equivalent related experience
- Not applicable
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Proficient in networking and customer service
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proficient with time management, organizational skills, and detail oriented
- Exhibit sound judgement and display willingness to make decisions
- Possess unquestioned integrity and ethical standard
- Display contagious energy with a positive attitude
- Follow and exude the Chamber’s Core Values
- Understand and abide by the Chamber’s Policy Manual and Standard Operating Procedures
- Professional/business dress is required to represent the Chamber to its members and community members in a professional manner
- Maintain a neat and orderly workspace and common office areas
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Chamber programs, committees, and services
- Understand the value of membership/investment and can clearly articulate it
- Assist with membership recruitment, engagement, and retention (as a Chamber employee)
- Attend and assist at assigned Chamber events as needed and effectively network to encourage member conversations and retention
- Participate actively in staff meetings, planning sessions and retreats
- Participate actively in teambuilding events, offsite visits, civic engagement, and staff socials
- Understand and utilize the Chamber’s style guide for all oral and written internal and external communication
- Review regularly Chamber social media and sponsored websites for updates and accuracy
- Follow the Chamber actively on social media
- Maintain a current Linked in Account to be used on the “staff” page of the website
- Communicate consistently and exchange information with team members, effectively and with correct information
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time and be able to move about inside the office to access office equipment/storage
- Operate a computer/PC and other office productivity equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, printers and must have the ability to use hands to handle, control or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms
- Able to lift to 10 pounds and occasionally move objects up to 40 pounds
- Occasionally climb stairs, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach above shoulders to access materials and/or documentation
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to compare and distinguish accounting and administrative data
- Hearing ability to perceive the nature of sounds at a normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a typical interior/office work environment
- Position may involve extended work hours including early morning and evening meetings
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require travel within Bloomington/Normal and McLean County. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation.