Be part of an organization making a difference in McLean County.
The Chamber is dedicated to serving our members by connecting commerce and community. Our Rockstar team works hard to provide relevant, innovative, and vital content to our member businesses and organizations in order for them to succeed and grow. Each staff member not only lives into the Chamber’s mission, but exudes our four core values:
Member centric, community minded.
Intentional connections through exceptional experiences.
Contagious energy with a positive attitude.
Think it, plan it, get it done.
Life at the Chamber is fast paced, dynamic, and no two days are ever the same. If you are passionate about serving the business community, collaborating to lead change, and fostering commerce in McLean County, we'd love to chat!
Job Title: Manager, Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Chamber President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Overall responsibility to create and maintain the Chamber’s high-quality marketing, communications, and branding efforts to effectively market all programs, events and initiatives of the Chamber and its subsidiaries. This includes message development and delivery, creativity, design, and production.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Chamber programs, events and initiatives and understand the communication, creative and publicity each will require to obtain/sustain success
- Develop and manage a marketing timeline for all programs and events as well as other general Chamber marketing needs
- Review and edit the style guide annually; and then follow/enforce it with Chamber staff
- Continually evaluate, edit, update, and manage the Chamber’s website and any subsidiary websites under the Chamber’s ownership/management
- Continually evaluate, edit, and oversee all social media activity for the Chamber and its subsidiaries and divisions
- Design, write and produce or approve all written communication sent to the membership via electronic or hardcopy to ensure the Chamber’s brand is protected and respected
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Basic knowledge of G Suite products and use of Google Drive
- Use of mass email campaign platforms, such as Constant Contact
- Familiarity with social media scheduling platforms, such as Buffer
- Routinely take B-roll footage at Chamber sponsored programs and events
- Plan, record, edit and produce required videos
- Develop and manage the annual marketing budget
- Maintain communication metrics for board reports and the Traction scorecard
- Build the image and video library for future publication needs
- Research/recommend/implement new marketing or social media strategies and industry best practices
- Establish and manage relationships with members of the McLean County media
- Develop and send media releases, announcements, and other information of interest to the membership and/or community
- To be determined.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications. Masters preferred
3-5 years marketing communication experience requested
Non-profit/membership organization experience preferred
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Proficient in networking and customer service
Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere
Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Working knowledge of G Suite including Data Studio, Analytics, Google Drive, Sheets, and Docs
Proficient with time management, organizational skills and detail oriented
Exhibit sound judgment and display willingness to make decisions
Possess unquestioned integrity and ethical standard
Display contagious energy with a positive attitude
- Follow and exude the McLean County Chamber of Commerce Core Values
- Understand and abide by the Chamber’s Policy Manual and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Professional/business dress is required.
- Maintain a neat and orderly workspace and common office areas.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all Chamber programs, committees, and services.
- Understand the value of membership/investment and can clearly articulate it.
- Assist with membership recruitment, engagement, and retention (all staff)
- Attend and assist at assigned Chamber events and effectively network to encourage member conversations and retention.
- Participate actively in staff meetings, planning sessions and retreats.
- Participate actively in teambuilding events, offsite visits, civic engagement, and staff socials.
- Understand and utilize the Chamber’s style guide for all oral and written internal and external communication.
- Review regularly Chamber social media and website for program updates and accuracy.
- Follow the Chamber actively on social media.
- Maintain a current LinkedIn Account to be used on the “staff” page of the website.
- Communicate consistently and exchange information with team members, effectively and with correct information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time and be able to move about inside the office to access office equipment/storage.
- Operate a computer/PC and other office productivity equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, printers and must have the ability to use hands to handle, control or feel objects or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Able to lift 10 pounds and occasionally move objects up to 40 pounds.
- Occasionally climb stairs, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach above shoulders to access materials and/or documentation.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to compare and distinguish accounting and administrative data.
- Hearing ability to perceive the nature of sounds at a normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a typical interior/office work environment and occasionally in outdoor environments.
- This position involves occasional extended work hours including early morning and evening meetings / events.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires day travel within Bloomington/Normal and McLean County. May require travel which could include overnight stays. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.