The McLean County Chamber of Commerce has the following open position:
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Workforce Development
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
To execute workforce development activities and events that promote job awareness, workforce recruitment and retention in industry sectors and related value-added industries, and advocate for the interest of employers in relation to workforce and education. This position will manage all workforce related committees and working groups, will collect and report workforce related data to determine future workforce needs, and execute action plans to accomplish those needs, including collaboration with various partners to coordinate workforce development initiatives for the central Illinois region.
- Responsible for leading efforts related to the implementation and creation of a shared vision, strategic plan and goals of an employer-led, industry-focused workforce development model.
- Responsible for executing all activities associated with workforce related task forces and working groups.
- Continually identify and assess “best practices” regionally and nationally to ensure that McLean County’s workforce system achieves a competitive advantage.
- Convene, develop and manage highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders related to workforce development to promote business competitiveness and individual success in jobs and careers.
- Identify and foster effective partnerships between business, education, labor, economic development and other workforce organizations, both locally and regionally.
- Work to increase understanding and support of the workforce system and its role in community, business and individual success
- Represent the BN Advantage Workforce Taskforce in public forums, by making public presentations and communicate with the community on issues, collaborating with regional partners to develop regional workforce development policies, and attending state, regional, national forums and conferences.
- Educating employers about engaging and participating in mentorships and internships with area students.
- Organize, plan and execute workforce development events such as Career Fairs and any related programming.
- Provide workforce development research and information including but not limited to gathering and interpreting surveys directed at wages, benefits and workforce gaps.
- Work to diversify funding from public and private sources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Baccalaureate Degree in relevant field preferred (i.e., business administration, human resources, marketing, education/training)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in workforce development or related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead a complex initiative (requiring knowledge of management principles and practices, volunteer management, public sector operations and fiscal management).
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Proven experience in the development of successful partnerships.
- Demonstrated public relations skills and political acumen, and ability to synthesize input from a diverse variety of interests into a coherent strategic agenda.
- Understanding of the local, regional and state workforce development system.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Skilled in the use of technology, including Microsoft products.
- Flexibility to travel as well as work some evenings and weekends, as necessary.
Success in this positon will be defined on how well the programs address the needs of McLean County employers and job-seekers and improvements to the workforce development delivery system.
- For Employers
- McLean County employers find the skilled workers they need and retain them.
- McLean County targeted sectors experience job growth
- Employers are satisfied with workforce development services and results.
- For Job-Seekers
- McLean County residents possess the skills and abilities required by business
- McLean County workers realize higher earnings promoting self-sufficiency and other personal employment goals.
- Workforce participants are satisfied with workforce development services and results.
- For the Region
- Strengthened competitiveness for attracting and retaining new capital investment and jobs in McLean County.
- Greater accountability for results based upon measurement against expected outcomes.
- Increased efficiency and coordination leading to more effective achievement of goals, strategies and outcomes.
- Greater collaboration among stakeholders and allies in the workforce development system.
- Expanded roles for key stakeholders, including business partners, Workforce Taskforce and Committees, and local service providers – with the primary focus on improved outcomes for employers and job seekers.
- Enhanced support for and alignment with education and economic development initiatives.
If you are interested in an open position, please contact Scott Heape with the job title you are applying for in the subject line. Please include a cover letter, resume/CV, and references.