The Administrative Assistant must possess excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. The position will assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing regular clerical and administrative support, preparing correspondence and reports, maintaining schedules and calendars, answering telephones, maintaining electronic and hard copy files and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful an Administrative Assistant, should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Administrative Assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
The Boys & Girls Club is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Perform regular administrative tasks as requested, to support the overall success of the company.
- Generate reports and presentations as requested by supervisor and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments, making logistical and travel arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings. May prepare meeting agenda and minutes, as requested.
- Maintain master schedule of Club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
- Answers telephones, providing general information and directing callers to the appropriate party.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
- Managing inventory of office supplies and equipment, maintain service contracts, performing routine maintenance activities and contacting service representatives as needed.
- Greet and assist visitors with polite and professional communication via phone, email, mail and in person.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure a positive work culture.
- Associates Degree in related field, preferred.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organization and attention to detail.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Able to maintain integrity and strict confidentiality.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Reliable and able to succeed in a team environment.
- Desire to be proactive and contribute to the positive culture of the company.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply for this job online