Bloomington-Normal Young Professionals (BNYP) strive to strengthen the local and business community by providing accessible professional development resources, service projects, and networking opportunities for young professionals through the McLean County Chamber of Commerce.
What is BNYP?
We are engaged leaders in the Bloomington-Normal community, that are focused on building our professional networks, giving back to the community, and taking on leadership roles to help move this community forward. We are current leaders in our community who are interested in connecting with others and growing as a leader.
When joining BNYP you can expect to network with over 75 other members, engage in thought-provoking discussions, excel in personal and professional endeavors, and assist in transforming the community in which we live, work, and play.
BNYP specifically looks to create candid discussion on issues affecting young professionals:
- How do I enhance my personal and professional development?
- How can I make an impact in my community?
- What opportunities exist for young professionals today?
What are the qualifications for BNYP?
- Consist of members between 22 – 40 years old
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Desire to engage with other young professionals and participate in BNYP events
What will I gain professionally and personally from being a BNYP member?
By being in BNYP you have the opportunity to:
- Impress Employers: Develop new relationships, increase organization visibility, gain potential new business for the betterment of your organization
- Build Personal & Professional Development: Improve your networking skills, advance your public speaking abilities, increase your management skills all through our monthly meetings, volunteer/leadership positions, service events, and social gatherings
- Give Back to the Community: volunteer at service events throughout the year that are aimed to support the continual growth and progress of Bloomington-Normal
- Build Camaraderie: Meet new people, learn about yourself, connect with your community, inspire others and be inspired to grow as a leader
What is the cost for BNYP and what benefits are included?
Chamber Member: $150 per year
Non-Chamber Member: $170 per year
Your membership dues include:
- Ten lunches at our membership meetings (once a month except for July and December)
- One BNYP t-shirt to wear at our service events
- Access to all BNYP events which include meetings, socials, service projects, happy hours, and coffee hours
- Food/Beverage provided at our July membership cookout
- Invitation to our annual ICE Mixer event in January
- Networking with over 75 other BNYP members
- Opportunity to get engaged on a sub-committee
- Opportunity to grow into a Board position
How do I join BNYP?
If you have questions or would like to attend a membership meeting as a guest, contact the 2020 BNYP President, Tessa Mizell at who will be happy to provide further information and welcome you to experience a BNYP meeting.
If you are ready to join this amazing group, please fill out the membership application. Once submitted you will be contacted by our Membership Chair.